Thursday, February 14, 2019

Stage Door Blog

I was very intrigued by this blog as I read through it. Mary Poppins has been one of my top three favorite movies since I was little, and when Mary Poppins Returns came out my mom & I went on opening day. So seeing that the first blog was about the film, it caught my attention right away. Reading what they had to say about this new film really changed my perspecive on it though because I never looked at it for the bad and struggle that was going on. I went into it with an excited, flash back of being a kid again feeling, not at all thinking how they were struggling so much. The original made everything seem happy and Mary Poppins made everything so magical. The new film makes me think it was trying to show the true meaning of Mary Poppins and stressing what was actually going on with this family the whole time.
No one ever uses Mary Poppins as a topic or option of films so opening up the blog and seeing that it was written about it, made me excited to read. It also is a great way to see the difference in the quality and technology from then to now. What also caught my eye was the intro about Broadway and the sixties being the start up again of shows and film popularity. Around the 1940's-1950's, Broadway shows and films became less popular because of the invention of the radio and TV. People felt that leaving their houses and paying everytime was pointless when they could stay at home and watch or listen on the radio.

No comments:

Post a Comment