Thursday, February 7, 2019

Flex Festival

The film on the Carolina Chocolate Drops was very interesting to watch. I've personally never heard of them until I saw this film. I love that they were able to be fully supported by society and not hated on or not able to go anywhere with their music. It's rare for African Americans to be able to try and build their fame around old based music. They were able to grasp everyone's attention and bring back a genre of music that people mostly forgot about. Their music is still popular for many age groups in today's society and they are a creative style of their own. I feel as if they are well known and liked by many people because it's rare to be able to still here that kind of music live anymore. I was pleased to see this film and learn more of a culture that I didn't think was still around. Trying to keep as many types of genres, cultures, styles, etc, up to todays society should be stressed more. Keeping generations informed of what life was before all this technology and having the knowledge is super important I think. So much is forgotten about or not taught to younger age groups as years go on and I feel as though it is a huge thing to keep learning about.

No comments:

Post a Comment